- Bank of the Year: MONETA offers the second best mortgages in the Czech Republic
- MONETA expands its investment portfolio with a new partner J&T and their two funds. It will allow investing in corporate bonds and Central European equities
- The MONETA Clementia Foundation has already waived over CZK 22 million in debts for its clients in need
- This year MONETA invested CZK 40 million in branch modernisation. It plans to continue with the reconstructions next year Older news
- MONETA will not allow outgoing payments to the Russian Federation and Belarus from January
- Air Bank and UniCredit Bank to join the shared ATM network of Komerční banka and MONETA Money Bank
- MONETA has the best mobile banking for small businesses in Central and Eastern Europe
- MONETA supported non-profit organizations with nearly CZK 6 million in grants this year Older news
- General Meeting of MONETA Money Bank approves the acquisition of Air Bank, dividend payout and extension of the Term of Members of the Supervisory board and audit committee
- Another global consultancy, Glass Lewis, recommends shareholders to vote “FOR” the acquisition of Air Bank group
- Institutional Shareholder Services recommended voting in favour of the acquisition of Air Bank
- MONETA invested 60 million in branch modernization this year, plans to continue next year Older news
- MONETA presents new version of Internet Banking, builds on Smart Banka’s success
- MONETA to establish a foundation, helps relieve clients’ debts in extreme cases of need
- MONETA distributed grants: almost CZK 3 million for charity this year, employees gave up corporate events
- MONETA is the first in the Czech Republic to p-approve mortgages online with 30-day interest rate guarantee Older news
- MONETA Money Bank has signed a contract for the purchase of 100% share in Wüstenrot - stavební spořitelna and Wüstenrot hypoteční banka
- MONETA Money Bank Informs about end-of-the-year branch opening hours and payments
- MONETA Money Bank in exclusive negotiations on acquisition of Wüstenrot – stavební spořitelna and Wüstenrot hypoteční banka
- MONETA Money Bank comes up with an advent surprise – 5% interest rate on a regular savings account Older news
- MONETA Money Bank Informs about branch opening hours and payments at the end of 2018
- Outcome of the MONETA Money Bank General Meeting Held on 13 December 2018
- Tradesmen from all banks can now arrange credit card fully online at MONETA Money Bank
- MONETA Money Bank’s mortgage won in the Bank of the Year 2018 Older news
- Manufacturing Companies Use Loans to Invest into Robotization and Automation
- Information on the Opening Hours of MONETA Money Bank Branches and Payments at the End of 2017
- Survey: Czechs Take Risks, One in Four Travels to Christmas Markets Abroad without Travel Insurance
- Tomáš Spurný of MONETA Money Bank Voted Banker of the Year 2017 Older news
An award-winning bank
It is a great honor to be receiving these awards. They validate our constant effort for improvement.
We would like to thank everyone who voted for us, and we promise to invest our continuous efforts.
We took home five gold, three silver and four bronze awards from the Zlatá koruna (Golden Crown) competition in 2023. Once again, we succeeded in a total of 12 categories, equalling our own record from last year.
The Smart Banka mobile app won the top public award again, defending its position as the most popular banking product of the year for the third year in a row. We also took gold in the Entrepreneur Award category. Our Savings Account and Building Savings Account of MONETA Stavební Spořitelna also took the highest positions. We won the Innovation of the Year award for the best Children's Account on the market.
We dominated the competition in previous years as well. We also won 12 awards in 2022, 9 in 2021, 10 in 2020, 7 in 2019 and our new Smart Bank app was awarded in 2018, including the Public Award.
The Best bank and Banking innovator
Every year, we take the top positions in the Best Bank and Most Client-Friendly Bank polls of Hospodářské noviny. This year, we took two second places in the main category Best Bank 2023, as well as in the category Most Client-Friendly Bank 2023. The expert jury has traditionally praised our products, favourable interest rates and online banking. Last year, we were even named Banking Innovator of the Year.
MONETA’s strive for innovation was also recognized by Visa and Mastercard in 2018 when they awarded MONETA the prestigious title of Best innovator of 2018 and the Award of innovation 2018. MONETA was the first bank on the Czech market to launch mobile payments via Google Pay and Apple Pay and introduce digitization and integration of payment cards into wearable electronics – Garmin and Fitbit smartwatch.
Finparada award and Mortgage of the year
In 2022, the 12th year of the Finparada competition, MONETA secured first place with the Tom Plus current account, and also won first place for Konto PRO podnikání as well as second place for building savings. MONETA scored a total of 4 wins in 2021. In first place in its respective category belonged to Tom Plus current account, savings accounts, and building savings. Based on the total score MONETA was also named the Financial institution of 2021. This was not the first time MONETA was successful in Finparáda.
In the Bank of the Year competition (Banka roku), we have already won the title of Mortgage of the Year 3 times, in 2018, 2019 and 2022. In 2023, we also took the podium with a silver medal for offering newly arranged mortgage contracts and mortgage refinancing fully online.
In 2017, Tomáš Spurný, MONETA’s CEO and Chairman of the Board, was voted Banker of the year 2017.
TOP responsible company
MONETA’s strive for high level of client service and innovation has brought several prestigious awards across various expert and public polls and competitions. MONETA received a gold certificate for being the TOP responsible company for the most engaged employees in Pácháme dobro (We commit good) – MONETA’s volunteer project. This award highlights the outstanding activities in the field of sustainable and responsible business.
In 2018, MONETA scored third place in the main category of TOP responsible company in the Czech Republic. In 2022, MONETA was included among the Top 10 most successful companies in the Czech Republic. This award recognized how large companies responsibly, systematically, comprehensively, strategically, and innovatively develop their business towards long-term sustainability and engage in all major areas of CSR and ESG. In 2022, our Sustainability Report placed us among the TOP 5 companies in reporting.
IEA, Deloitte Digital Maturity and Best Investor Relations Bank
MONETA Money Bank became the absolute winner of the 14th year of this award and received a total of seven awards, including the main prize of the IEA Grand Prix 2019 for its innovative campaign on MONETA’s new website. In the Internet effectiveness awards, digital projects are judged based on their effectiveness (ROI) and measurable achievements.
In 2020, as part of the Deloitte digital banking maturity study, MONETA placed first among its Czech competition, and as a bank with the best digital banking, MONETA belongs among the top 10% of digital champions worldwide.
In 2018, out of all the banks in the Czech Republic, MONETA won the prestigious award The Best Investor Relations Bank for its investor relations management. MONETA received the award as part of the Global banking & finance awards international competition, which recognizes and highlights innovations, achievements, and progressive and inspiring changes within the global financial community.
Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index
2022 marks the third time in a row when MONETA was included in the exclusive selection of the prestigious Bloomberg’s Gender-equality index among 418 companies worldwide. MONETA’s rating has improved significantly, and it remains the only Czech company included in the Index. The main reason for MONETA’s success is its relatively low gender pay gap, inclusive culture, consistence prevention and strict policy in the case of sexual harassment, or a development program for talented women.