Single and Revolving Term Deposits will appreciate your funds in Czech crowns or other currencies (EUR and USD).
Benefits of Term Deposits
Single and Revolving Term Deposits will appreciate your funds in Czech crowns or other currencies (EUR and USD), offering you the following advantages:
- A more advantageous interest rate than on a Current account
- The more you save, the higher is the interest rate that you get on your deposit
- The money deposited in a term deposit is separate from your current account
- You choose the duration of the term deposit based on your needs
- You can have all your transactions in a term deposit under control with statements, which you can receive by post or electronically (eStatement), or pick up in person
- Term deposits can be established in the following currencies: CZK, EUR, and USD
- You can prematurely withdraw your term deposit subject to a penalty, the amount of which is specified in the current List of Tariffs
- Your term deposits are insured by law
- All operations with your term deposit, with the exception of a premature cancellation, are free of charge
- Furthermore, a Revolving Term Deposit is tied to your current account, so that money can be transferred automatically between them
- You can also open and manage your Revolving Term Deposit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the Internet Banking
We offer following interest rates on term deposits. Take your term deposit and save your money safely.
The minimum Single Term Deposit amount deposited for 2 - 5 years is CZK 40,000.
A Single Term Deposit will appreciate the funds that you temporarily have at your disposal. You need not have a current account at MONETA Money Bank to establish a Single Term Deposit in CZK.
- After the expiration of the term of the Single Term Deposit, it is not renewed automatically and the money will be paid out to you in cash, or by a cashless transfer to an account of your designation.
- You can deposit money in a Single Term Deposit in cash or by a cashless transfer from a current account at MONETA Money Bank or, in the case of a Single Term Deposit in CZK, also by a cashless transfer from an account in another bank (the deposit must be posted within 14 calendar days of the opening of the Single Term Deposit).
- The minimum deposit amount is CZK 100,000; EUR 3,000; and USD 3,000.
A Single Term Deposit accrues an interest rate in bands, based on the current Interest Rate List.
- The interest rate does not change during the term of a Single Term Deposit.
- Interest is always credited on the day of the termination of the Single Term Deposit, and in the case of a Single Term Deposit in EUR and USD also at the end of a calendar year.
Term of the Deposit
Single Term Deposits can be opened for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, and in the case of a Single Term Deposit in CZK, also for 24 and 36 months.
A Revolving Term Deposit not only appreciates your available funds, but until you terminate it, it will keep renewing itself for the period you specify.
- After the expiration of the agreed term, a Revolving Term Deposit will renew automatically for another period of an equal length
- You can put money into a Revolving Term Deposit either in cash or by a cashless transfer from your current account at MONETA Money Bank
- Through your current account, you can make deposits in your Revolving Term Deposit and withdrawals from your Revolving Term Deposit, on its roll-over days
- You can have money automatically transferred from your Revolving Term Deposit to your current account, and/or from your current account to your Revolving Term Deposit, on its roll-over day
- The minimum deposit amount is CZK 40,000; EUR 1,500; and USD 1,500
A Revolving Term Deposit accrues an interest rate in bands, based on the current Interest Rate List.
- The interest rate only changes on the Revolving Term Deposit roll-over date.
- You can have interest credited in the particular Revolving Term Deposit or have it transferred to your current account.
Term of the Deposit
A Revolving Term Deposit can be opened for 1 or 2 weeks, or 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.
Link between Your Revolving Term Deposit and Your Current Account
You can set any limit (amount) in your current account.
If the balance of your current account is above that limit on the Revolving Term Deposit roll-over day, the excess money will be automatically transferred to the Revolving Term Deposit.
If the balance of your current account is below the limit, money will be automatically transferred from the Revolving Term Deposit to your current account.
Conditions for Obtaining a Term Deposit
You can open a Term Deposit if you are a natural person older than 15 years and you have a current account open at MONETA Money Bank.
If you do not have a current account opened with us, you can open one at a MONETA Money Bank branch near you.
You will need the following to open a Term Deposit :
- Valid identification card
- If you are a foreign national, you will need your valid passport or national ID card or a long-term residence permit
- A minimum deposit in the amount set by the current Interest Rate List